Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Now, Andy, did you hear about this one...?

Never underestimate the power of the right word or a good story. Mark Twain once whispered in my ear, "The difference between the 'right word' and the 'almost right word' is like the difference between the 'lightening' and the 'lightening bug.'" I resolved at one point, after a couple of stiff German beers, to try to live my life as if, someday, I'd have someone to tell of my exploits (without having to lie, mind you). And you, out there, however many or few, are "someone." And God forgive me if I don't pick the right words to help you understand the echoes of my experience. So come on into my world; you're quite welcome. Kick off your shoes--I'll accept no pretensions here. I can't afford them.

0 Things not left unsaid: