Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My friend G came over from Texas for a visit, and we decided a girls' road trip to Athens was in order...


A bottle of Malbec in front of "Girasoles" in Watkinsville, GA. (I was told that Chef Jose Zambrano from here will be competing in Iron Chef on the Food Network.) I was very pleased with the "Limone Chicken" I had there and plan to return as soon as I can.



This is Robert from Monroe, GA. He serenaded us and told me that my dollar donation would come back to me as $100 in three days. It didn't, at least not in cash, but I was happy just to have the song.


The Village Idiot, a local bar in Athens. Wobbly chairs,draft beer, and an upstairs window seat.



Cali-N-Tito's; This is my favorite place for Cuban sandwiches and tostones (fried plantains). I've been a fan of this place since it opened a few years ago as a nondescript trailer and was named Caliente Cab. It's been through many names, locations, and constant reinventions, but the quality of the food has never changed. If you're ever in Athens, it's a "must do."

0 Things not left unsaid: