Wednesday, November 14, 2007

False Starts and Misappropriations

Okay. So I blew the thirty-days-straight-blogging. My error: saving my writing for the night-time. Oh, I'll do it when Little Person falls asleep, I say to myself. But do you know what happens? He PLAYS me. After putting him down for the night, tucking him in, saying night prayers, the whole shebang, he creeps back into the living room and asks the question, "Mommy...are you still my best friend?" And I melt puddle-like into the arm chair, where he subsequently climbs onto my lap, buying himself at least another half hour. Writing goes out the window, and I'm holding my four-year old with no regrets, but still involuntarily formulating blog entries in my head. (All of which I promptly forget when he finally does go to sleep for real, because I realize, "Man, I'm tired.")

So morning writing. That's the only way to go.

2 Things not left unsaid:

Misty said...

i agree... morning is the only way to go!

Keetha said...

These sweet little cuddles are so important. No wonder. I'd go for that over blogging any day.