Wednesday, April 02, 2008

It's what you're looking for...



Since I installed "sitemeter" to my blog a couple of years ago, I have taken great care to discover what it is that brings people to my blog. I've detected a few trends in the search terms that lead a lot of you here:

1. "Antique card catalog." Everybody comes here wanting to know where they can get one. I got mine from from a craigslist ad for $50. It came originally from an elementary school that had been updated with a computerized version. It still had one drawer full of cards, and I've never had the desire to remove them. Nostalgic I am.

2. "Quagmire sounds." As for this, I have no earthly idea. If anybody knows, please let me know.

3. "Cocktail recipes." Until now I haven't bothered to add any, but for those of you searching, this one's just for you courtesy of Chow.com:

"Old-Fashioned"

2 maraschino cherries
2 slices of orange
1 teaspoon sugar or 1 small sugar cube
1 or 2 dashes of angostura bitters
1 teaspoon water
2 ounces rye or bourbon whiskey

INSTRUCTIONS

Muddle 1 cherry, 1 orange slice, and the sugar, bitters, and water in a chilled Old Fashioned glass. Remove the orange rind. Add the whiskey and ice; stir. Garnish with a maraschino cherry and an orange slice.

I chose this one particularly for its literary leanings as the preferred drink in the Great Gatsby.

And lastly...

4. People want to know about the "orient express paris instanbul lamp." I don't really know how much mine or anyone else's is actually worth, but I do know that I've enjoyed it as my favorite reading lamp since I got mine at a thrift store for $4.28.

0 Things not left unsaid: