Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson

This day will go down in my history as the day I almost didn't meet Joshilyn Jackson. Fifteen minutes before she was set to arrive at the Foxtale Book Shoppe, I had given myself about a bajillion reasons why I shouldn't go. Nothing to wear. Don't have enough time to get there now. Mama-guilt for leaving the boys to their own devices. And, of course, the real reason just under the surface: She's. Really. That. Good. I was insanely intimidated by her talent. I had images of her talking to me all backwards and Yoda-like, telling me "To write, ready you are not." But she was convivial, supportive, and let's be honest, fun. Not to say that I'm not still intimidated.


1 Things not left unsaid:

Rebecca said...

i just read her book last week. so glad you enjoyed her author talk. i love seeing/hearing them in the flesh.