Friday, April 25, 2008

Yard Sale

(If you know what's good for you, you'll click to enlarge. (: )
I pass by this yard nearly every day, and it has always seemed so magical to me. The rolling hills and trees are my sense of the idyllic, and this is actually the very field I imagined when I read The Time Traveler's Wife. (You remember the one where the main character always showed up to talk to the little girl who would become his future wife?)

But yesterday, there was something different and magnificent about this person's property for my nearly ecstatic self: they.were.having.a.yard.sale! I actually got to set foot (legally) on that grass and as an added bonus, BUY THINGS. By the time I departed, I had two BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL matching bikes and a new tripod. (The tripod was a total answer to a prayer--no more shaking the camera for those long exposures of the night sky.)

2 Things not left unsaid:

Family W said...

All I can say is wow. The land is beautiful and I would have stopped at the yard sale too. :)

Veggie Val said...

AWESOME! That was my first thought looking at that yard. Second thought: "God, I'm glad I don't have to mow it." (Sour grapes of jealousy, you know) Third thought: "I bet that yard is even fun to mow!" ;-)

Great photos, J. Great blog! -VGH