Sunday, August 10, 2008

Inner Sanctum--Part II



Oh, ya'll...I'm exhausted. And fairly satisfied with myself to boot. There's still the faint, intoxicating smell of paint fumes emanating from the walls of my little red room, and I've done it. I've done what I assigned my Artist's Way group to do last week. To do one thing that scares you. For me, it has been to paint this room all by myself. I kept waiting for help. And waiting. For months. Mistake. Sometimes in life there just isn't going to be any back-up. You just have to go in alone and not be afraid of the outcome. I'd never painted a room before, and I was afraid to commit the red to the walls. I've finally realized that the fear of failure was the failure, and I no longer cared what the room would look like when I was done. And here it is--a little red writing room if I ever saw one.

post signature

7 Things not left unsaid:

femminismo said...

Southern girl, Are you secretly (or not so secretly) TAWANDA? I see the word on the - "what do you call it" - duct? I love your declaration that the fear of failure *is* the failure. How true is that? Good for you for painting your writing retreat. Beautiful. It makes me think "womb" - and that's good. That's where you can give birth to all your great ideas!!!

Jacqui G said...

Aah it's absolutely beautiful! And a fitting sanctum for a Goddess.
Jacqui

Keetha said...

That room looks like such a haven. What a sense of satisfcation you must now have when you go there!

Congrats to you. :-)

Fiona Ruby Dust said...

Yay! : )

mam said...

gorgeous! what a secret little red delight.

mmr

suzanneelizabeths.com said...

I think it is soooo cool that you are in a group doing The Artist's Way, that is one of my favorite books! Do you do the morning pages?

BTW, the room looks beautiful, really, like a Klimt painting!

Jamie said...

Jennifer, that looks AMAZING! I love looking at all of your things - did you make that patchwork bohemian looking lamp shade?