Friday, August 22, 2008

Morning y'all! Thought I'd share with you the wind in my sails this
morning...my first cup of coffee, the tap-tap-tapping of the iPhone
letters that bear a striking resemblance to the typewriter in
Atonement, and the wind which is coming and going in strong gusts
inflating the red curtains, reminiscent of sails. All the while, I'm
dreaming about a place in the pacific northwest I just read about
called the San juan islands...what a place to yearn for.

2 Things not left unsaid:

femminismo said...

Wish I was there - without the jet lag. Is it warm? It's cool here now. The San Juan Islands are beautiful and though I've lived in the Pacific Northwest all my life I haven't been there. That should change!
Have a good morning. (Did you buy the thrift store couch?)

Southern Girl said...

Femminismo! Nice to hear from you! (: no, I can't quite pull off that couch in my living room. (: haha. I can't imagine it with my four year old. (: it is still warm here, but a lot of wind coming from hurricane fay. It kind of reminds me of what the Santa ana's might be like in California. (never been.)