Friday, April 24, 2009

My Week In Photos



Hello, lovely blog darlings! Whew...I don't know about you all, but it's been one heck of a week. My mind is still reeling and there's a semi-permanent hunch in my shoulders that spells STRESS. But let's concentrate on the pretty, the ethereal, and the sublime, shall we? Like the antique, cast iron ink well I found at a local market in pristine condition? Or further, the glass one next to it that reportedly once belonged to Ernest Hemingway (my latest and greatest Ebay win)?

The French glass bottle working double duty as a vase, with flowers that I found leaning longingly over my neighbor's fence toward my willing shears...




The delicate pollen outline of a mourning dove that lost her life when she flew straight into my window...I haven't had the heart to wipe it off yet.



A casual observer staring at me from the magnolia grove next to the library...




The said library parking lot, where I had my first-ever "PT Picnic." This is a blog concept that I've been thinking about for awhile, and now that the weather is warming back up, I plan to launch it in full force. Every week, I'll choose a different location and charm you with my tailgate fare. This week, the fare was not so charming (a bacon McGriddles sandwich and an orange juice), but I'll do better next week!



And this is Oscar Wild, the neighborhood golden that I swear loves me best out of everyone who feeds him!

post signature

5 Things not left unsaid:

Candace said...

Say, Oscar looks like he might be related to Kitty Boy! You have to watch those orange cats -- they will steal your heart right out of your body.

Love these photos! You get better and better. And am feeling really great over your news re: Athens! I have my fingers and toes crossed.

Candace x

femminismo said...

Who wouldn't love you best? And I'm sure extreme inspiration will strike with a "maybe" Hemingway ink well. Poor bird. But maybe it just wanted to be there inside with you, the nicest person in the neighborhood. - Jeanne

Southern Girl said...

Hey Candace and Jeanne! I've missed seeing you two around the blogosphere lately! (I took a little respite since I've been blogging elsewhere professionally.) I'm finally starting to take the time for my own blog, which always brings me tremendous joy. Thank you so much for all of your kind comments. They mean the world to me!

Keetha said...

Glad to see you back here! I'm looking forward to posts about the PT picnics.

femminismo said...

Looks like it's time for another one. You must be "off blogging" personally for a while. I seem to have gotten a fresh start! - Jeanne