Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Boudoir

See the little silver coffee pot and creamer I picked up at a local thrift store for a steal? It reminds me so much of an overnight trip to Natchez, Mississippi, and my first taste of room service. I just remember how glorious it was to be made to feel that special...to have my morning coffee delivered to my room. It was one of rarest and best moments of my life. I wanted to bring that feeling home, even if it's now something I have to do for myself. I brew the coffee while the rest of the house still sleeps, and the I toast the sunrise as it illuminates my east-facing bedroom window.

I passed by the window the other day in the morning light, and I noticed how the rising sun played a trick on my eyes, making the candle appear to be lit. :) My mind immediately offered up the St. Francis quotation: "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle." That St. Francis and I might be cut from the same cloth.



Life from a different angle...a vanity topped with mercury glass and a tray of perfumes greet the morning...


I appreciate the shadows...I appreciate the light...I appreciate the entrance way into another day.


post signature

0 Things not left unsaid: