Friday, June 27, 2008

Grace Notes

Feeling a little "under the weather" turned into "under a truck" yesterday. My throat was on fire when I awoke, and I couldn't breathe from my nose, giving me a strange drowning sensation whenever I tried to drink anything. Fortunately for me, the husband did his best to check on me throughout his work day, keeping me fed and hydrated. There's nothing worse than being sick and alone.

So I'm feeling a little better today: the throat has been downgraded to "scratchy," and I'm busy catching up on chores (though it's going a little more slowly and methodically than normal.) This is actually an upside...there's nothing like a sickness to keep you focused in the now. Everything seems so closer at hand, and the details of life become more acute. (Could be just the cold medicine.)

Update later.

post signature

4 Things not left unsaid:

Fiona Ruby Dust said...

Here's to the now. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's the cold medicine

Jacqui G said...

Hope you're feeling much better now, dear. It always seems so ironic when they say it's "just" a cold - there's really nothing "just" about it. One still feels like one's about to Die!
Anyway, welcome back on your feet. Don't overdo the housework ....
Jacqui
www.jacquelinegates.com

Candace said...

Ugh, a summer cold is the worst. Sick any time is a pain in the bum but summer, it just seems to be especially aggravating.

Candace
Athens, GA