Sunday, June 29, 2008

Undone By Beauty (Lost and Found)


Something irrationally beautiful has been brought to my attention, and it has completly broken my heart. No, really. My heart actually hurts with longing. It seems that a man named Daniele found himself lost while riding his motorcycle around the Abruzzo mountains in Italy. (If there's any doubt in anyone's mind that you find some of the best things in life when you consider yourself "off course," then this story will assuage that doubt. It's no coincidence that "off course" is just one letter away from "of course.") What he happened upon was a small village that captured his heart and imagination and his "what if's." He proposed to the villagers that they might be moved to invite outsiders (like me and like you) into their world to share a little bit of their lifestyle. And this was born (Click here...)





Now who's up for getting lost with me in Italia? Let yourself say "yes."


post signature

5 Things not left unsaid:

Fiona Ruby Dust said...

Wow! What/Where is this place?

Southern Girl said...

It's in Santo Stefano di Sessanio...isn't it heavenly? (:

Jacqui G said...

YES!

Jacqui

Jamie said...

Ooooh, I just LOVE this post - and the photos - the idea - the wonderful wonderful way the universe unfolds at your feet if you just dream, believe and let the "mistakes" lead you in another direction.

I've been looking at your other blog - missed this completely. I want to go!

Don't forget to visit Mary Ann's blog:http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/dispatch_from_la/ and read back to find her posts about Italy. You will swoon, I promise. :-)

Mrs. G. said...

YES!YES!YES!