Monday, December 21, 2009

The Town's Got Soul








I keep returning to this town every weekend, waiting for a house or a job to fall into my lap. Spicy Mayan Mochas are served up at the Jittery Joe's Roasting Company, Oatmeal Stouts at the Globe, and the best of Chicken Cubans and Fish Tacos are bestowed by Bruno at Cali 'n Tito's. I see a return is inevitable. I drive up the streets of Normaltown and Cobbham, just hoping for the sign: For Lease 706-...-....

post signature

7 Things not left unsaid:

Candace said...

Our paths have probably crossed and we don't even know it. I am still looking for a little place for you, btw. lol.
Is that sad? Really, I cannot imagine being any other place long term but the Classic City. Mmm... the Globe. Always fun.

Happy Holidays.
Candace

Jamie said...

I love that Victorian house! Probably much like where I live, you feel connected to the elements because you always know when it's cold outside. Shall we all rent it together? It would only be $450/month if we found one more person. Candace, are you in? :-)

Southern Girl said...

I'd be willing to live in the guest house, which, by all accounts, is still amazing. :) It would make a great studio. :)

Southern Girl said...

P.S. Jamie...I STILL have something in the back of the PT Cruiser for you! :)

Jacqui G said...

When I first visit Athens, I would love to have you as my guide.
Maybe we'll find your house together ...

Candace said...

Oh Lord, yes. Say, if I can add just one more bit to my big scary house, we can all cram happily in here.
T won't mind and I have hound dogs of my own, waiting for pals...

Southern Girl said...

Candace, do you think if we crossed paths we'd recognize each other, if not by sight, then by some other ethereal kindred-blog-spirits kind of way? :) I'm sure that we'll meet one day!