Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Using Words.





I don't remember when it was that I stopped writing. Maybe it was when some of my husband's family found this blog, and I was afraid that if I didn't shrink to fit back into that mold that I'd allowed them to fit me into, I might just (gulp)OFFEND someone's fragile sensibilities. That goes also for the some of the people in my southern suburban enclave that discovered my blog once I started a job in town. For years this blog had been relatively anonymous...I had friends who read it (friends who'd found me on the internet), like-minded souls and bloggers who discovered me by happenstance and while searching for people with the same interests. On my sidebar, I've dubbed them my "kindred collective." I felt I could speak plainly, openly. But as it would happen, and as I'm sure it happens to many bloggers, they're discovered by the very people that they are talking about. Their subject matter suddenly becomes their audience. Then, crisis-like, deer-in-the-headlights, knee jerk reactions occur. WE STOP WRITING ALTOGETHER.

But listen to that...it's the sound of dust settling. Or is it the sound of the calm before the storm? I'm finally starting to coax myself back into writing...starting to tell myself the same thing I told my son as a toddler when I was teaching him how to communicate: "Use your words...use your words..." I'm back. And I'm using my words, ya'll.

post signature

9 Things not left unsaid:

Anonymous said...

And wise and wonderful words they are!

Lin said...

I like your words! Look forward to reading more of them.

Keetha said...

They're your words and they're beautiful as you - use them all!

(by the way - love the lampshades!)

PJ Geek said...

yeah! missed you.

Jamie said...

Welcome back! I have missed you. I can't seem to track down any contact info for you. I was even about to address a card to put in the mail but I can't even find your address and I've been to your house! I don't think you've been getting the emails I am sending - so please, know that I am thinking of you and would love to see you. :-)

Ginny said...

Welcome Back! I can't wait to read what you have to say.

Candace said...

That _is_ a tough one. (I nearly disappeared altogether when a couple of my relatives actually left comments on my blog.) And yes, use your words. How precious they are and can be.
Candace

Jacqui G said...

While your photos are always worth more than a thousand words, I love to hear your voice and the pictures you paint with syllables and sounds.

You are and always have been my blogging muse.

My soul sings because of your return.

Bliss and blessings,
Me

Gretchen Shelby said...

More, more!