Monday, December 10, 2007

Chattanooga, TN (Our favorite city...)

I have a theory that every city possesses its own personality comprised of a collective soul of all its inhabitants. This would explain why some places seem to envelope me while others repulse me, as if my personality is so obviously incompatible with the group-think. Chattanooga is obviously one of the former--its people, its natural beauty, its mature-but-fun mentality all seem to invite me to stay, perhaps indefinitely. Whenever we take a roadtrip there, we come home each time later and more reluctantly, and I'm sure that one day, we'll stay so long we'll forget where it was we came from.

The Walking Bridge that connects the North Shore to Downtown Chattanooga


Aretha Frankenstein's on the North Shore; Take note, they serve the best pancakes that this bonafide pancake-connoisseur has ever tasted. And the fine people who work there are NICE. Not I-want-a-good-tip-nice, but nice-genuinely-nice.


When I walked out of Aretha's, and I beheld this,

it reminded me of this:

And anything that manages to remind me of Vincent gets two thumbs up.


Rock City's Enchanted Garden of Lights made me feel like a kid again. Not an easy feat at my age and discretion.

And this is what a day in Chattanooga does to my strapping young four-year old.


I love this city!

2 Things not left unsaid:

Misty said...

Truly, Tennessee is such a great state. I adore it! This looks like a fantastic day trip. Know that I am officially JEALOUS!

Anonymous said...

Nice, but where are YOU and where is the red hair :) ??